8.22.2011

DIY West Elm lamp

 

I absolutely love this lamp at West Elm but it’s $150.00 and that’s way out of my price range!  I have seen a few people make their own so I thought I would give it a shot.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa west elm lamp

DSC00465

I got this jar at 4 chairs a while ago for about $30 and I thought it would work perfectly for the base of the lamp.

DSC00468I grabbed a make-a-lamp kit at Home Depot for $10

and a 1/2” drill bit for $8

You have to make sure the bit is used for drilling through glass

 DSC00479

DSC00486

I started drilling and after about 30 minutes I got this sloppy looking hole but it worked just fine.

DSC00488

Then I started wiring it. I just followed the instructions on the back of the lamp making kit.  It was super easy!! I think it turned out pretty good. I used a lamp shade that I already had. This lamp cost about a 1/4 of the price of the West Elm lamp.

DSC00525

I like it

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa west elm lampDSC00509

2 comments:

bkjones said...

oh my heck girl, that is so cute! Did i just see a sneak peek of your room....i love what i saw and can't wait to see it all. You are so talented.

Bowen Family said...

Are you kidding I LOVE IT!!! You are awesome! Seriously, I can't...well I can believe you did it. You are always making cute things affordable. I need you to come help me decorate and have cute ideas. You rock!