10.01.2008

Fall........

Fall has got to be my very favorite season! There are so many things about the fall that I love. The weather, the decorations, the nice long drives we take to look at the leaves, the smells, and the yummy food!
These pumkin chocolate chip muffins are one of my favorite things. My Mom always made them in the fall! They are so good, you will have to try the recipe out. It's a family favorite!!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins- Anne Bowen


1/3 C. shortening or butter 1 C. sugar

Cream together:
2 eggs
1 C. pumpkin
1/2 C. molasses
Stir into mixture.

Add:
2 C. flour
1/2 tsp. cloves
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ginger
1-12 ounce bag chocolate chips

Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.




Aromatique cinnamon cider candle
The smells in the fall are another one of my favorites! All of the candles are amazing but this one is the best I have ever smelled! It is a perfect candle for fall and for the winter. SO GOOD! You can find them online or at Haw's floral. They have little ones at Evans Gate House, and at Christmas time they have them at Dillards. My Mom and my sisters love it too! There is nothing better then a house that smells like fall!




3 comments:

Leesa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
bkjones said...

Don't you just LOVE the fall. By the way your house is decorated so cute for it! Thanks for the recipe I am definatly trying it...and the candle is that is what was smelling so yummy in your house the other night?

Jodi said...

Um, those muffins look so yummy! Why didnt we bake those this summer??? I miss my next door neighbor!!