11.24.2008

Thanksgiving favors...........




These little favors are so perfect for Thanksgiving. My sister Lori gave me these ideas and I actually loved making both of them. To make the indian corn I just used a long and skinny cellophane bag, (from Pioneer Party) folded it in half making it as skinny as I wanted, and taped it so it would keep it's shape. Then I filled it with Reese's pieces and wrapped a tamale wrapper around the bag and tied a bow around the end to hold it in place. You can find tamale wrappers at the grocery store. To make the cornucopia you hold end of sugar cone over steaming water until it is soft (the steam from the spout of a teapot works very well). Gently bend the end of the cone and let dry. You can fill the cones with harvest candy or Runts. Cover the opening with a small piece of plastic wrap or cellophane and tie with a ribbon.








8 comments:

Emily said...

Cute Ash. I think I remember Lori making those cornucopias when we were younger. I wish I was crafty enough to make little favors. A cute napkin is a far as I go, sadly. Have a great Thanksgiving!

Flake Family said...

Those are so cute! Thanks for helping me do mine! You are wonderful! If only I could be as crafty as my friends!

bkjones said...

Why are you so crafty? I love all of your cute little crafts! I hope that Sunday went well for you!

Britt said...

Oh my! you are the cutest most Martha Stewartest mom of all time! I can barely spell cornucopia let alone make crafts out of them!!! Harms told me you made the absolute best cupcakes for her B-day--ummmm I want some! Love ya!

Ming said...

Did Lori by chance get these ideas from Studio 5 on KSL? Or did the woman on that show steal them from Lori? haha Just curious because those exact ideas were on that show recently...I know because I made the turkeys they showed. Such fun ideas!

Harmony said...

are you relief society president yet? you are so awesome!

Unknown said...

darling favors ash! that tamale wrap is such a good idea.

amy said...

yes, we're going to be neighbors! you'll have to help me decorate my townhouse--i like your taste. we all need to get together soon.