7.04.2008

the thunder rolls, and the lightning strikes.......


Lately we've been having some scary storms here in Beaumont. The weather is so unpredictable, one second the sky is clear and the next thing you know it's storming like crazy! Last week we had a big thunderstorm and the lightning was unbelievable. It actually hit our building and fried my computer! Are you serious? I didn't think that would ever really happen. Apparently it happens a lot in Beaumont. We got the computer fixed and then found out the internet modem thing got fried too. It was hard being without a computer and it was only about a week. Anyway, we got the computer and the internet up and running and found out it has a virus or something messing it up. So I might not be able to update my blog as often as I'd like. I can't wait to get it all figured out! Wish me luck!

6 comments:

Lyssa Beth said...

Ya that's what my Mother in Law told us too. We are actually down here right now for the 4th :) Any fun plans you guys are doing? We'll be leaving on Sunday. Honestly, email me if you know of fun things going on. lyssabz(at)gmail(dot)com
That would be cool if we did meet up or something. Anyways, I hate when computer stuff messes up because I am seriously too attached to the internet! Pathetic, I know..I am such a loser...

Emily said...

Yuck. How annoying about the computer situation. I have had my router fried before and it's not fun. Good luck with that. At least you have power. Those storms sound just like Maryland. We have so many during the summer and there are always power outages, trees falling over, and flooding. It's one thing that comes with living in hot, humid territory.

Maren said...

Welcome to Texas!!! This is Maren from the ward in Beaumont..I found you through Lyssa. My husband was best friends with Joe when they were growing up!!! I need to give you a call..Im going to take Braydon to the park this week...do you guys want to come? let me know!!!

Jodi said...

Troy told me about the lightning and I thought he was lying! I cant believe that happened. Im excited to try that yummy chicken when I get back. I hope you arent having too much fun without me! Ill see you in a couple days.

Unknown said...

You better get things worked out so we can see more pics of those cute boys!!! We missed you on the
4th, I hope you guys are having a good time!!!

bkjones said...

Oh my that sucks! I guess you need to pack up and come home!