5.06.2008

THANKS MOM!!!

We finally made it to Beaumont Texas!! Kev drove out with his friend Reno, it took 24 hours or so, that's why I decided to fly. My mom offered to fly with the kids and I. She is so sweet, I feel so blessed to have her as my mom. It ended up being such a long day for her. We left at 5 a.m. to make it to the airport on time. Not to mention, my mom stayed up until midnight to help me finish packing! We had a layover in Pheonix and then we made it after a 4 1/2 hour flight. We arrived in Houston at 2 in the afternoon, my mom had to get right back on a different flight and go home. I tried to get her to stay for a while but she didn't want to intrude. (we would have loved it though) She had a layover again in Denver and when they were about to land in SLC the pilot decided to wait because there was a storm, so he circled around until it looked clear. I felt so bad, I would have been so sick. She said she was fine, but I don't usually believe anything she says, she never complains!!! I could never have done it without her. I would have been so stressed and sad to leave. She made everything better! I hated leaving her at the gate, I cried and cried (now I'm crying again) I Love you mom, I owe you big!! The picture above is where we will be living for the summer. It's such a beautiful area. We like it a lot. There are so many fun shops and they have a really neat pool at the club house. We haven't had a chance to swim yet but we will soon. It is really humid and warm here, it's not as bad as I thought but it will get worse, we've beeb warned. We met our new ward on Sunday and they are all so nice. It is such a small ward, I think we met everyone already. I feel like we've been here for a long time. I am so happy we have Jodi, Troy, and Reno here to hang out with. Jodi and I hang out during the day and I love her, she is so fun to be with. We can't wait for Mel, Reno's wife to get here and hang with us all day! We miss home and our family and friends so much but we are doing good.

This is Jodi's little guy, Noah. He's a little stud. The boys love him, how could you not? He's got the cutest face ever! You should see him in person, he's even cuter! We're so glad he's here to entertain the boys.
G and West have been getting along better lately, they are so fun to watch. West just follows G around everywhere. He's a little tag-along, and I think G loves it!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to see you made it! I was beginning to wonder! We miss you guys but are glad you are enjoying it:)

Unknown said...

sounds like a long day. and yes, you do have a marvelous mother!! props to great moms everywhere. I am glad you have jodi to hang out with, she is such a sweetie!

Emily said...

That looks like a great place to live for the summer. I'm glad you made it okay, and that your mom was there to help you. I mom is coming to visit us today and I can't wait. I hope you fill us in on all your grand adventures.

melody said...

Glad to know you guys are there safe and sound. Have fun with your summer adventure!

bkjones said...

Ahh I miss you guys already! Your place looks really nice. Hope all is going well for you guys!

Flake Family said...

We miss those boys so dang much! It will be so fun to see you guys when you get back... and yes, I am already counting down! Weston looks so old in that little hat. We miss you guys!

Anne Bowen said...

Oh,those little boys look so much older with their new hair cuts! Jackie and I think that Weston is looking more and more like Garrett every day. I'm glad you are blogging so that we can see what is going on in Texas! We miss you all!