6.18.2008

a visit from grandma......

My Mom came out to Texas to visit us for a week and it was so much fun! The boys really needed a visit from grandma, (and maybe me too.)
She read all kinds of books to G and West. He especially loved hearing the stories out of the Book of Mormon. I think she spent most of her time reading to them. It was a nice break for me. For some reason West started waking up at six every morning, and my Mom would come get him and let me go back to sleep. I have never had such a relaxing week. Thanks Mom!
The boys couldn't get enough of Grandma, they followed her everywhere. We had such a blast and a nice break. She was the kind of guest everyone wishes for. She cleaned, dressed the kids, gave baths, read books, and helped with everthing. I was spoiled to have her around. It's back to real life tomorrow. We had to take her back to the airport today and it was so hard but I just keep on reminding myself we're almost half way. Mom, thanks so much for coming, we really loved having you. We miss you already. On the way home from the airport Garrett said, "When are we going to pick up Grandma?" It's probably better he didn't know she was gone for another two months or he wouldn't have let her leave!

8 comments:

Flake Family said...

I'm so jealous that she got to come out there... I want to so bad! I bet you loved the break... grandparents are the best

Emily said...

I love mom bonding time. Whenever my mom comes we go shopping because I always have the best luck with her around. I'm glad you got what sounded like some much needed down time.

Lyssa Beth said...

I love when that happens! Especially when you are away from family for so long! That's nice she was there for that long!

melody said...

Yes, I am sure your mom would be the best house guest. I'm glad you got to have that time with her - and a little time away from your darling boys!

Harmony said...

what a sweet heart i love your mom! moms always seem to know just what you need wether it be the medicine to make you feel better when you are sick or just a hug when you didn't even know thats what you needed. we would not be the same without them

bkjones said...

Ahh.. I miss you guys! Can you come home already?

Rebecca said...

You look so cute Ashley. How long are you guys long for? yep moms are the best.

Brandon and Lindsay said...

How fun! That's sooo nice of her. What would we all do without our moms?