6.02.2008

a crazy day....

Today I had to run a couple of arrands, and one of the places I had to go was the post office. I really hate the post office, well I guess it's the line at the post office that I hate. Anyway, I waited in line for about 45 minutes and I was almost to the counter when Garrett told me he had to go potty. I had just taken him to the bathroom before we went to the post office so this exact thing wouldn't happen. I asked him if he could wait until I was done and he said he would be fine(ya right!) I believed him. The second I got up to the counter he wet his pants and it went all over the floor. I don't think I have ever seen a little kid go so much!! I told the lady and she went to get a mop. While she was gone I was standing over the puddle so that no one would step in it. You should have seen the looks I was getting. I felt so bad that I made him wait. So when I was done with that mess, I noticed my shirt was a little wet, (I had been holding West the whole time because I left his shoes in the car) I looked down and noticed Weston's shorts were soaked ( I must have been holding him weird because the diaper was completely dry.) So here I am walking out of the post office with 2 wet kids and this sweet lady says, "Miss, I was backing up and I hit your car on accident." I couldn't believe my ears, I thought it must be some kind of a joke. I looked down at my car, and sure enough it had been hit. It wasn't bad, just some scratches. I was so lucky to have such a sweet person hit my car. She gave me all of her information and I was on my way. The second I got home her insurance agent called and said she had filed a claim. I am so glad she was on top of things. I don't think I could have taken one more thing! I know this doesn't sound too bad, but if you know me you know this would almost put me over the edge. But hey, we all have to have days like this to realize how blessed we are on the good days, right?

19 comments:

Polliwog said...

You poor kid. That tops my worst day. At least you could blog about it! It makes for a great story. Thank goodness the lady was so nice. Here's to wishing you a better day tomorrow--and the rest of the week!

Flake Family said...

All I can say is... That Sucks! You should've stayed in Utah

bkjones said...

Oh my..that is horrible! It always seem to go that way, not just one thing can go wrong it all has to happen at once. Hey at least your blog is cute...seriously I LOVE IT!

Beck said...

Im so sorry that happened, but I do have to say it gave me a good laugh. Thats pretty funny!! Good thing your boys are so dang cute huh!!

Harmony said...

ha ha i so wish i would have been there to see that! i think i would have thrown the pee clothes at the lady that hit my car i am glad she was nice. it does make my day look a lot easier though so thank you

melody said...

I am so sorry to hear it! But the pee story (or maybe I should say "wet" as your mom advised us to years ago) is hilarious, after the fact of course. Here's hoping you don't run into any long lines again soon. (And that no one else runs into you. Yikes!)

Unknown said...

oh man, what a day for you...good thing you are such a positive person!
p.s. you should take all your stuff to the UPS store if you have one nearby. They do everything the post office does minus the long lines! there is often a surcharge on postal items but the extra dollar or two is worth the hassle!

Emily said...

Yikes! That is crazy and I'm sorry about it. Sometimes I wonder why my friend has me babysit her two kids so often, and I guess it's to avoid moments like this.

And I missed you while I was in Utah. You should definitely come visit this summer since you are away from home anyway, and I have plenty of space for you. We'll leave the husbands to their jobs and just party. I'd love it! You and Melody have to find a deal to come together. I'm keeping my eyes peeled.

Brandon and Lindsay said...

Oh my GOSH! That is terrible. It always has to happen like that! Everything goes wrong at the same time. I hope you and your cute family are doing well!

Cluff Family said...

Oh Ashey!

When it rains, it pours! Literally. I though about you all day. That must ave been why. I bet money you shed a few tears on the way home. I wish I was there to help. I miss you!

Sarah said...

dang it. Hope tommorrow is better.
Not trying to make light of a hard situation - but I would have liked to be there, just seeing you stand over a puddle having everyone think you peed. :)

Lyssa Beth said...

OH my goodness! I hate going to the post office for that same reason! The lines are so long...and hello? Two kids? Nope, not going to do it...I just bought myself a digital scale to I can use that to find the weight then purchase postage on line :)
Anyways, I swear things like that happen always at once! Seriously Texans are so nice huh? I was amazed. So much nicer than Utah..go figure!
Anyways, i'm glad that day of yours is over!
PS I forgot to tell you this but your two boys are adorable!! We should do a double date with our kids :)
And yes, your blog is so cute :)

Jana said...

You poor thing. I was laughing so hard when I read that but then I felt bad for laughing. You are such a good mommy to handle all of that so well!

Anne Bowen said...

If I were you, I'd stay away from that post office. They probably have your name and picture posted as public enemy #1!

Seriously, it's the hard days that make us appreciate the easy ones....You'll be laughing about this experience for years to come!

Dyami said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dyami said...

Oh that would have sucked, I couldn't believe it. I would have started crying right then and there, right after I stopped laughing at myself in the post office! Good thing it's over and you hopefully won't have to go back to that post office again.

Jodi said...

I wanted to cry for you when you told me this story. Remember that we are your family away from home! Next time call me and I will come help!!!

Britt said...

OH NO! What a horrible day babe! Isnt that how it is though, when it rains it pours! Maybe you should have peed your pants too!! Love ya

Bowen Family said...

Wow, Ashley!

I know it is over a month ago but wow. You are amazing. I hope nothing like that happens to you again. You are such a doll. We miss you and your family so much.